Old Peachtree Presbyterian Church was organized on April 11, 1925, as Bethel Presbyterian Church by the Presbytery of Atlanta of the Presbyterian Church in the United States. The church’s original location was on the front of its current property near Duluth, Georgia.
As a small congregation in rural Gwinnett County, Bethel relied on supply pastors to fill her pulpit. The church ceased holding services in June 1952, but resumed services in 1953 under the impetus of Miss Mary Alice Juhan, a school teacher from nearby Lawrenceville. In 1981 the congregation became part of the Presbyterian Church in America.
In 1989 Bethel merged with the Oakland Road Presbyterian Church (PCA) of Lawrenceville and the new congregation chose the name Old Peachtree Presbyterian Church for the road on which the church was located.The late 1980s and early 1990s saw the area transformed from its historic rural character to a bustling suburb of Atlanta.
Pastor Alan Johnson began his ministry at Old Peachtree in February, 1995. In the years since, God has been pleased to build up the congregation in size, blessing us with many answered prayers along the way. One of those answers to prayer is a large number of children, including a number of international adoptions.
In March of 2000, the congregation completed and dedicated its current building to the glory of God.
In August 2015 we completed an expansion project that increased our worship seating and added classroom, gathering, and parking space.
Our history is a work in progress. We are thankful for what God has done, but we look forward to what he will yet do in us and through us.